Tuesday, September 11, 2007

anniversary

september 11th is a special day for me. and probably only for me, in my context ....

on the calendar, this year it's a new moon. how appropriate. last year, the calendar said patriot day. i'm not certain as to which historical events my calendar intended. but, the word patriot is not one to sweep under the rug.

... and i like very much that this year it's a new moon. new things ....

and the old things? the old thing(s) is(are) gone. absent. dormant? not around. not bothering me.

but still lingers in my mind ....

i thought i had posted this before, but i could not find it in either of my blogs ... but, just incase ... if you're ever in doubt ... just read this. seriously.

without it, there may never be a new moon ....

4 comments:

jackie said...

good for you! you should be proud for having stuck to your guns.

scarlet said...

Yay! You are my hero and I love you!

gray la gran said...

:) my girlfriends *heart* me !!!

Anonymous said...

Keeping in mind there are different perspectives on things, I will totally agree that I was verbally abusive in how I lost my ability to show respect and deal with issues in a constructive way. This subject matters to me more than anything else in life really because when I saw you hurt, it killed me a little inside every time. I realized what I was doing but had no idea why. I was in a rut, trying to control everything that I was losing control over - mainly my world, not you, but it came out that way. I left you alone finally because I cared about you enough to do so. It was so hard but at the very least, I knew we both needed space to get better. It occurred to me that trying to change you so much ended up with me missing out on all the great things you already were - that drew me to you so long ago. I just wish we could have found the solutions together. You are an amazing person and always were.